I’ve decided that I should offer some form of delivery service called “Who wants the other half of my breakfast?”. I post what I had, maybe with a picture, and depending on how far I have to drive and whatnot, for like $8 or something I’ll deliver the other half of my breakfast to your house or place of business. My husband doesn’t appreciate most of what I make and I prefer making myself something new and exciting every day as opposed to eating leftovers. Lately I’ve been making WAY too much food for myself and already have 2 other halves of breakfast waiting for me in the fridge. Now I have this to add to it:
Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake
(makes 9+ servings)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
3 cups pumpkin puree
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter (melted)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Mix the flours, baking powder and soda in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl.
3. Mix the vanilla extract and eggs into the butter and sugar.
4. Mix 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet followed by 1/2 of the sour cream and repeat.
5. Mix the pumpkin puree, egg, sugar and spices in yet another bowl.
6. Mix the flour, rolled oats, cinnamon and butter until they for crumbs.
7. Mix the nuts into the streusel.
8. Pour half of the batter into a greased baking dish.
9. Sprinkle on half of the streusel.
10. Pour the pumpkin mixture on next.
11. Pour the remaining batter on top.
12. Sprinkle on the remaining streusel.
13. Bake in a preheated 350F until a toothpick pushed in to the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
1 T Tomato Paste
Heaping 1/4 t Curry Powder
1/4 t Chinese 5-Spice Powder
2 T Brown Sugar
Yellow Summer Squash
1 clove Garlic
Cashews (chopped and some whole for garnish)
S&P to taste