And I don’t need anyone else.
Someday soon I’ll WANT someone else.
But I don’t need someone else.
As long as I love myself, I could never be unhappy.
Sausage Cheese Egg Muffins
9 5/8 ounces pkg Jimmy Dean Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles
4 ounces cheddar cheese — shredded (or sub reduced fat cheese)
8 eggs (or sub 1 1/2 cups egg beaters)
3/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart
1/2 cup 1% milk (or sub skim milk)
4 each green onions — sliced
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
pinch red pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick spray. Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl, stir with spoon until well combined. Divide evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly then carefully remove from pan, let muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins Serving Size: 1 muffin
*I made 4 of these, they were so friggin’ filling I only ate 3. I also used this awesome chili-lime Gouda in them and DAAAAAMN were they good! What an absolutely perfect breakfast! I was actually in the mood for savory this morning, that doesn’t happen often! I think I also added a little baking powder just to make sure they would rise, and they rose beautifully! I enjoyed that they didn’t use much Bisquick mix, I wanted muffins, but didn’t want them to be too bready. I DID use Heart Smart Bisquick too just like the recipe calls for ^_^. You know me, trying to eat as healthy as possible! It brings up my confidence in myself!
Okay, okay, so I made what would have been an amazing roasted cauliflower, carrot and parsnip soup…but I let the cauliflower go too long before using it and didn’t realize it was bad. So I only got maybe 3 or 4 spoonfulls into my soup when I realized it was off. *sigh* So I had to throw the whole bowl out. I ended up having a banana and some pistachio nuts instead. I may have poisoned myself slightly, I think I was hallucinating a little while I went supplies shopping afterwards…its ok! I worked it off at the gym and felt a ton better! So I’m sorry I had such a lame lunch! I’ll do better tomorrow!
Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Milk and Pineapple
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I just used sweet Orange Pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley (I left this out and replaced it with the herbs below)
- 1/3 cup canned Pineapple with 1/8 cup of the juice
- 1 t fresh chopped Mint
- 1 t fresh chopped Basil
- 1/2 t Cornstarch
- 2 t Brown Sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander. Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet. Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk. Serve over the chicken. Garnish with the parsley.
*Exactly what I wanted! I just had some coconut milk open from the soup that I failed at and wanted to use it for something. This was perfect! It was nice and light, not bogged down with a bunch of cream or butter. I DID use the light coconut milk as recommended too! And I purposely added only a little bit of sugar, normally I’d dump in a whole ton! I put it on some vermicelli noodles and felt amazing about myself afterwards.
I’m just incredibly happy! I don’t know how to describe it. That’s probably why I’m not binging, because I’m actually really happy. I feel quite a large amount of weight off of my shoulders! Though my ankle is still swollen…dammit. It doesn’t seem like working out on it is making it any worse right now though, so I will just continue to do so!
I love me and I want to take the best care of me as possible!
Exercise: 1/2 hour of yoga, 1 hour at the gym, low impact machines only