I am one of those individuals with no health insurance.
My retail job used to offer it to part-time people. They do not anymore. It was one of the biggest perks of working there so it actually it kind of a blow.
I still go to Planned Parenthood for all of my feminine preventative health needs. Funding however has been dramatically cut to them in the past couple of years. They are now only open for 2 days a week and only do same-day appointments. No calling and trying to schedule ahead of time or anything. So when you call, you get put on hold. If they get to you, you get an appointment. Once they are full for the day, they are full and that is it. You have to try again the next day.
I am out of birth control and they will not issue another prescription without a yearly check-up first. I tried to make an appointment today and did not get in. Maybe I will tomorrow, but if I don’t, then I have to have them “float” me another pack until I can make it in. I understand that they can’t magically make money/appointments appear. And I am incredibly grateful to their services. But damn…they make it really hard to not get pregnant. 😦
Orange Yogurt Pancakes
Something fast and not overly complicated.
Greek Yogurt + Honey Pancakes, makes 4-6 medium/large pancakes
8 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons honey, 2 eggs and butter or oil for cooking. Added: Orange Juice, orange zest
I only used about half the amount of yogurt and filled in the other half of the liquid with the orange juice. I also only used 1 egg. These turned out not so pretty, but tasted great! The texture with the yogurt was really good! I liked these a lot, I used sugar-free maple syrup on top.
In between all the INSANE amount of running around I had to do today, I was able to stop at home to feed myself and the cat. I quickly made this PB&J sammich and an apple. I ran back out the door to finish my errands.
I stopped at the house to pick up a couple more things and look after the fish. I grabbed the mail as well. I’ve got a letter from ex-idiot.
In it he write about how much he misses me and how much he hates jail and he thinks of me all the time.
I KNEW this was going to happen. I KNEW that he was going to get all this free-time in prison to think about what a complete and utter moron he is. And having no one else that truly gives a flying fuck, he writes to me.
I hope he doesn’t think this changes a damn thing.
Chicken and Cauliflower in Banana Coconut Sauce
Ok kids, pay attention because this was RE-FUCKING-DICULOUS!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 very firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cornflakes cereal
- 6 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a food processor or blender blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Put cornflakes in a shallow dish for rolling.
- Dip bananas in milk mixture, roll in cornflakes and set aside. Dip chicken pieces in remaining milk mixture and roll in the remaining cornflakes. Place the bananas in one 9 x 13 inch dish. Place the chicken pieces in another 9 x 13 inch dish. Drizzle both the bananas and the chicken with 1/2 cup of the melted butter and bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Remove both dishes from the oven and arrange the bananas over the chicken in one dish. Drizzle with the remaining butter and bake for 15 more minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Garnish with kiwi and pineapple slices if desired, and serve.
*NOTE I did not use the cornflake dredge and I did not bake this. I made a sauce out of the “milk mixture” instead of using it as a dredge. I just cut a skinless chicken breast into strips and cooked them with some olive oil and about 1/2 T of butter along with some cauliflower. I blended the other ingredients in my food processor (including the banana) and added them after the chicken was done cooking. I allowed it to heat through and simmer for just a LITTLE bit, but did not want a repeat of yesterday’s lunch. So I was very careful not to overcook the milk. I served this on top of sticky rice. OH MY GOD! Desert for dinner people, dessert for dinner! It was CRAZY delicious!! I just bought some bananas today and figured I should use them immediately. Little did I realize what an excellent idea this was!
I am EXHAUSTED after my insane day of running from here to there and back. I got to go work off some aggression over that damn letter at the gym. I love him. I will always love him. But I cannot be with him. He’s not going to last long when he figures this out. He is not allowed to take his depression meds in jail, so his brain is working overtime telling him what a fuck-up he is. I hope when he gets back on his meds on Friday he will be ok. I do care about him even though he doesn’t deserve it. I hope he doesn’t kill himself.
Exercise: 1/2 hour of yoga, 1 hour at the gym