You don’t binge because you don’t have the money to.
Every time I finish eating and start saying to myself “God I could go for another bowl of cereal…” I remember that I am poor and so will have to buy more cereal quicker if I eat it all now. I do not wish to do this. So I stay satisfied with my 1 bowl of cereal.
This is the best “keeping the weight off” program yet.
Anyone else out there have real life “tricks” for eschewing a binge?
Banana Waffles with Mango Coconut Compote
I used this basic waffle recipe and substituted some of the liquid for a banana: http://buffaloeats.org/2010/02/08/cookin-with-walt-amazing-restaurant-quality-crispy-waffles/
- ½ cup AP FLOUR
- ¼ cup Traditional WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- ¼ cup CORN STARCH
- 1 TBSP GROUND FLAX MEAL (optional but good for you)
- ¼ tsp BAKING SODA
- ½ tsp BAKING POWDER
- ½ tsp SALT
- 2 tsp CANE SUGAR (use refined sugar if you don’t have cane sugar)
- 1 cup BUTTERMILK (or buttermilk substitute)
- 1/3 cup SMART BALANCE OIL (you have to use oil and this is probably the healthiest)
- 1 EGG (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT (You can use two if you like)
Thoroughly mix all of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly but don’t over mix. Let it sit for 15 minutes and give it a couple of stirs. Let it sit for 15 more minutes
Here is a punch list of techniques to guarantee success:
- Preheat the iron
- Do not spray the iron with non stick spray. Plenty of oil in the recipe
- Fill the bottom of the iron with the correct amount of batter which will differ based on the model.
- Close the cover and leave it alone. Some irons have a light that says it is done. It is not done. The waffle will steam a lot. When the steam slows down to barely steaming the waffle is done. You can now open it and check. It should be medium dark golden brown. It steam turns to smoke you waited too long.
- Close the iron for a minute between waffles and let it recover.
- You can heat an oven to 200 and keep your waffles in there for a bit if you are making a lot ahead of time. Don’t stack them on top of each other and don’t cover them or they will get soft.
Then I made a compote out of chopped mango, equal parts water and sugar and unsweetened coconut.
*Trying to experiment with making crispy waffles and then adding a banana to the batter? Well that isn’t really going to give one the results one is looking for, is it? Ah well. It was still REALLY yummy! If nothing else. Hehe. The mango topping was absolutely superb! Gave a real nice tropical feel along with the banana.
I think I just devoured a quick sammich and an apple before going into work…it was probably nothing exciting so I didn’t bother with a picture.
Since it was Meatless Monday, and the soup had chicken in it, I went with a spinach and artichoke quiche bought from our cafe. I didn’t really have time to make anything at home with all the running around I ended up doing this morning.
Work was A-MAZING! I got to work with my 2 favorite guys (G and J respectively) and I was once again not stuck behind a register all night. We were pretty slow so I got to chat with my favorite guys all night. This always makes for a pleasant work environment and a very very happy Miss P. G didn’t want me walking home in the dark, so he took me home. I’d prefer to get the exercise of course, but I’d promised another co-worker that if anyone ever offered me a ride home, I would take it if it was dark outside. (He worries about me too even though I live on a very busy main street.) We had a nice chat and are planning a lunch date next week! I have lunch fairly often with this guy, we’re good friends. I’m quite happy and excited about it.
The other co-working is Potential Future Husband #2 if he’d have me. We adore each other completely. COMPLETELY. It’s always the best day in the world when I get to work with him and our bosses normally make it a point never to schedule us together because nothing will get done. ^_^ But alas, I have certain qualities that he would probably not be able to deal with in the end. I know its me. It’s not him. I could live with him. I’m great at compromising. I don’t give a fuck what you look like, what kind of illnesses you have, or what you do as long as you love me. Not everyone works the same way I do…other people have certain “dealbreakers” and, kids…when it comes to his dealbreakers…I have a BIG one. He doesn’t even know it yet. But trust me, I have one and he would not be able to deal with it. Ah well! We’ll be happy just being super close friends.
I let the landlord know that I have a leak under my sink. He has informed me (quite quickly actually!) that there will be plumbers here tomorrow to fix everything. YAY! I love my new landlord!!!
Exercise: 2 mile walk, 7.5 hours at retail job