A little better today.
I’m actually pretty proud of myself considering how bad yesterday was with food.
Berry Baked Oatmeal
Apple-Berry Baked Oatmeal (courtesy of Whole Foods)
Canola oil cooking spray
2 cups frozen mixed berries (I used blueberries, strawberries, and 2 different types of nectarine)
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I used granola)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 organic apple, peeled, cored and grated (about 1 cup) (No apples in mine)
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup maple syrup (I used half honey half maple syrup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil a (9-inch) pie pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together berries, oats, pecans, baking powder, salt and apple. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, syrup, vanilla, egg and yolk; stir into oat mixture. Transfer to prepared pan and bake until firm and golden brown on top, about 50 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
*Perfect. I used up a lot of berries before they went bad with this. VERY good!
No lunch. I dunno. I was going to, but then they asked me if I wanted to go home a bit earlier. So I accepted and figured I could just eat when I got home. This ended up working out perfectly as I went to visit G and say goodbye to him before leaving and it turned out he was going on his break at the same time. Nice. I hung out with him a little while before going. So I had dinner.
Mushroom Egg Stir Fry
Mushrooms (any variety) – 1 lb/16 oz
Egg – 1
Diced Onions – 1 medium
Diced Tomatoes – 1 medium
Slit Green Chillies – 2 to 4 (Alter, according to your spice tolerance)
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Minced Garlic – 4 small cloves
Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – A sprig
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp (Alter, according to your spice tolerance)
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Clean the mushrooms well by washing it in water. Gently, squeeze out as much water as possible from the mushrooms and drain it onto paper towels. Trim the stem if required and quarter the mushrooms and keep it aside. Don’t slice it into very small pieces.
2. Beat and egg with salt keep it aside.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and saute onions, red chillies, green chillies and curry leaves till the onions become translucent.
3. Add minced garlic and ginger and saute for a few more minutes.
4. Throw in the diced tomatoes and allow it to cook until soft and pulpy.
5. Reduce heat and add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp red chilly powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and 1/2 to 1 tsp garam masala powder. Saute for a minute or two.
6. Add the marinated mushroom pieces along with salt to taste and saute on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
7. Cover the pan and cook the mushrooms on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Do not add water while cooking.
8. After 8-10 minutes, the mushrooms would have let out water. Remove the lid and stir fry for another 3-5 minutes so that the water evaporates.
9. Push the mushrooms to the sides of the pan and add the beaten egg. Start scrambling the egg when it begins to set.
10. Mix everything well and stir fry thoroughly for a few minutes before removing from stove top.
11. You can sprinkle little lemon juice for a nice taste. (optional)
12. Serve this tasty Mushroom Egg Stir Fry with Rice.
*I served this on top of brown rice. So simple, yet really good! I didn’t make a lot. I wasn’t ridiculously hungry or anything.
It was an all around much better day, so that may be why I ate more. I also know I get to go on a date tomorrow, so that always cheers me up. It is very very hard for us to be sad when we are together. He fascinates me.
But I do hate how he affects my eating SO much. Just a little emotional swing here or there and I can’t eat for days. What the fuck? I’ve never paid so much attention to my stupid emotions in my life. This sucks.
Exercise: 4.5 mile walk