I’d had a love letter waiting to surprise G with for about a week. I meant to slip it onto the windshield of his car that day, but as it turned out it was supposed to rain and of course the idea of my very important letter getting rained on was not tolerable.
So I snuck it under his windshield wiper today on my walk. I knew he wouldn’t see it. One of the times we were out there was this NEON green flyer someone stuck there during the time we were away from the car and as I noticed its presence immediately upon walking up to it, it took him getting into the car, turning the car on, and practically backing out of his parking spot to notice that it was there. Clearly he would not see it. So make sure that wiper it holding it down really good…it’ll be on the highway for a little while…
The note simply had a heart drawn on it. After that my initial. It was in a small envelope with a “G” scrawled on the front and sealed with a wax heart.
I wandered back home and worked for the rest of the day. At 4:30 I received a call from him (though I missed it because my phone was still on vibrate from my walk and I didn’t hear it ring…dammit…) but didn’t actually get to speak with him until he got home. He’d finally noticed it was there….while he was on the highway. He pulled off into a city about 20 minutes away to grab it. He called to let me know he’d found it. He wrote me later on Facebook with a “heart” at the end of his musings.
As silly as it sounds, this made me immensely happy.
I didn’t have anything incredibly exciting for breakfast or lunch, but I had a pretty cool dinner:
Chicken with Peach Tomato Sauce on Angel Hair
- 4 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 large peaches, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz pasta
- In a lightly oiled 9×13-inch baking dish, stir together the tomatoes, peaches, onions, olive oil, salt, cinnamon, black pepper and chipotle chili powder. In a 450 degree oven, roast uncovered, stirring at least twice during cooking, until the ingredients have softened and thickened, about 40 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, tarragon and balsamic vinegar.
- When the sauce has been roasting for about 25 minutes, bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Stir in pasta and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce. Divide among four warm bowls and top with feta cheese.
*I added chicken and a big pinch of sugar to this and cut the chickpeas. I would have loved to add those, but didn’t have any. This was really oddly good! You’re never sure if some of the fruit/meat combinations you come up with will work, but this was wonderful! I don’t think there is anything that I would do differently!
Tomorrow we are seeing a live event being broadcast into theaters. It’s going to be a 5 hour “movie” basically. We’ll be getting some coffee beforehand. Of course it’ll be a good day.