Just spent the entire day at home working and listening to wonderful music! It was a MUCH better day where I was in a MUCH better mood. I still do not get to see my love today, but that is alright. We shall be spending the morning together tomorrow. Something to look forward to!
Table shot! Frosted Mini-Wheats with tea!
Usual. (Ignore the chippy nail polish! I’m going to re-paint them in the morning!)
Warm Chipolte Maple Corn Asparagus Spring Salad
makes about 4 servings
2 ears fresh corn, kernels shaved off
1 bunch asparagus, chopped into one inch strips
3/4 tsp chipotle powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (combined)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped nuts, mixed (roasted salted)
optional: 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast – thickens and adds a rich savory flavor
optional: 2 Tbsp raisins
2 tsp oil for saute (I used safflower)
1. Add oil to saute pan over high heat.
2. Add in the asparagus. Cover with lid and allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Lift lid and add in the corn, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, pepper and salt. Cover with lid again and shake pan to disperse steam and oil.
4. Add in the apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard mixture. Allow to continue to cook – now uncovered until the liquid has absorbed into the veggies – or steamed off.
5. Toss the nuts in the maple syrup and remaining chipotle powder and then add them to the hot pan. If adding raisins, add them now as well. Toss with the veggies and cook for a minute or so.
6. Do a taste test and make sure the veggies are well seasoned and cooked to a tender state. Try not to over cook.
7. Remove from heat and toss with optional nutritional yeast. Plate and serve.
*I followed this exactly except for the chipolte powder, I don’t have any. So I used cajun. Still a HUGE surprise! This was incredibly good!!! I was shocked. Normally I am the only one that comes up with weird concoctions like this! And I mean, it was fantastic!! ^_^ Try it!!!
It was nice to be at home today.
Exercise: 5 mile walk